I’ve been on a feta kick since Mother’s Day weekend (mostly thanks to Ozzie). I don’t know what it is about that crumbly little cheese, but I’m hooked! The creaminess and saltiness seem to pair so well with fruit and herbal leaves like mint and dill. It surely is a thing.
My family all met for Mother’s Day this past weekend by doing what moms do best, putting ourselves aside to celebrate my little niece turning four. Oh, was it magical: lots of bubbles, chalk, pizza, and a pink cake. It was a taste of what summer will be like for our little family. What else added to the magic to her birthday, dare I say? My feta mint watermelon salad, which included a secret sprinkle of chopped dill. I was inspired to rekindle my feta watermelon affair thanks to mama Ozzie of Oovlifestyle when she shared her feta and watermelon recipe. I wanted to scream through the IG story, “add mint, add mint!” But I refrained and wrote up this recipe instead. 😉
I do hope you enjoy.
Berry Feta Mixed Greens Salad with Berry Vinaigrette
Serves 6, 2.5 mg THC per serving
*Just leave out the Pot d’Huile for an all-ages treat.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice (I used a combo of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Pot d’Huile cannabis-infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup cold water
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until liquefied.
Serve with salad immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 6 cups or handfuls of mixed baby leafy greens, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup blackberries (raspberries work, too)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup nuts of choice, shelled or chopped
Optional: fennel tops and/or dill for texture and a chiffonade of mint leaves for a little extra kick.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together mixed greens, berries, red onion, feta, and pistachios. Serve with prepared dressing and prepare to be obsessed!
Erin Willis of Mother Indica
“I am a [cannabis-friendly] nutritionist, florist, and mother of a toddler boy, working to better myself and my family’s wellness, through nature, simplicity, and mindfulness. I’m here because I desire to help other mothers achieve their best selves, too.”
Find her on Instagram at @mother_indica