So, recently I’ve discovered smoothie bowls.
I know, I’m so late to the game.
But here’s the thing: I like them at night, and they’ve been a true bedtime game-changer. My sleep has been awful for the past few years. Ever since my little babe was growing within me, I’ve slept poorly. I understand that my turbulent sleep was related to little babe (and probably still is, to some degree), but honestly, it mostly has to do with me: I am not taking proper care of myself around bedtime. This includes a beer around 8pm, scrolling through Instagram until 9pm, and not drinking nearly enough water. So to change my habits, I’ve decided to do what I know best: make flower-filled foods that can coddle me to dreamland!
Now, alongside turning my phone off around 7pm and drinking water instead of beer in the evening, I’ve added these calming smoothie bowls to my new nighttime ritual.
Tips I’ve picked up along the way:
– Try your best to use fresh fruits, as they are easier to digest than frozen
– Limit yourself to 8oz. per night. Again, it’s about falling to sleep, not having your body working all night to digest a large meal.
– Really take advantage of the tartness of the cherries. These little guys are packed full of melatonin, our sleep-inducing hormone.
Dreamy Hemp Strawberry Rose Smoothie Bowl
Serves two 8-ounce bowls
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2 drops Verte Essentials Blue Lotus hemp oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- Coconut flakes
- 2 sprigs spearmint
Combine all smoothie ingredients in a blender or bullet and blend until you reach desired consistency.
Erin Willis of Mother Indica
“I am a [cannabis-friendly] nutritionist, florist, and mother of a toddler boy, working to better myself and my family’s wellness, through nature, simplicity, and mindfulness. I’m here because I desire to help other mothers achieve their best selves, too.”
To book her services visit her at www.motherindica.com