Making Your Own Cannabis Oil Suppositories
- 1 gram (1000 mg) of THC oil – Start with 50 mg per suppository. (Use whatever product you prefer. Use a lab tested product that you can use in a measured dosage).
- 250 mg of CBD oil – Optional; Start with 10mg per suppository (The CBD oil adds anti-inflammatory properties, but is not required)
- Coconut oil or cacao butter ½ cup or less – Amount depends on how many suppositories you are making.
- Something to use as a mold for the suppository – Mini ice cube trays, suppository mold, empty 00 gelatin capsules (Choose your preference; all available on Amazon)
What to do
- Melt coconut oil or cacao butter in a hot water bath.
- Measure THC and CBD oil for your dosage.
- You can either put the medicine in your mold first and then add the additional coconut or cacao oil to the mold (as in the first video below), or
- Blend the medicine into the warm coconut or cacao oil and then add to the mold (as in the second video below).
- Use whichever method you prefer so you can control your dosage and reduce waste.
- Put in the freezer for an hour.
- Use as needed.
- As everyone responds differently experiment with the amount of THC until you get the relief you need.
Here are a couple of examples of how to make suppositories. There are many Youtube videos on making suppositories and they are often overly complex. These are two easy examples of how to make the suppository.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu1sGybmwvA – Very simple. He doesn’t even heat the oil!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEMDZDWcN1g – She is making essential oil suppositories, but the process is the same and she has a simple trick for the mold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3lxk1E0oE – A brief look at Foria Relief suppositories.